You’ve made up your mind. You’re going to take time out of your busy life to celebrate yourself. You’re excited, nervous and possibly on the edge of hyperventilating, but you’re just going to do it. So now what? Well, girlfriend, let me break it down for you in seven easy steps.
1) THE FIRST STEP: The initial step towards your big day involves a little faith in yourself and a whole lot of faith in me. Wether you fill out my contact form, shoot me a text or give me a call, I’m here to walk you through the entire process from beginning to end. Once your session is booked I will provide you with a Welcome Guide that includes all kinds of session preparation information such as wardrobe inspiration and places to shop, thoughts on how to prepare your hair, skin, nails and emotions, artwork display ideas and ways to extend your big day into the night.
2) THE IN BETWEEN: At this point you’ve read through your Welcome Guide and your wheels are turning. You’re searching through Pinterst and lingerie websites, digging through your drawers and closet and maybe even planning a big shopping day with your bestie. You’re doing your very best to stay hydrated, eat well and get enough rest. Hopefully you are using this opportunity to treat yourself to a salon day (say buh bye greys!) and a nail appointment. Your emotions are probably all over the place, teetering between immense excitement and second guessing yourself (which is completely normal and expected). And to all of this I say: just ride that wave, girlfriend, you’re getting close to the shore.
3) ON YOUR WAY: Your big day is finally here! Fully expect to wake up and experience the complete spectrum of emotions. Nervous? Excited? Petrified? Nauseous? Having second thoughts? Again, ALL completely normal. Anything that puts us outside of our comfort zone is naturally going to create feelings of unease. Just take a few deep breaths, step into the studio, put your bags down and allow us to take care of you.
4) IN THE CHAIR: This is where it starts to get fun! At this point we have looked through your wardrobe and chosen a cohesive collection together, you’ve kicked your shoes off and changed into a robe of your choice. Music is playing, a mimosa is in hand and you are naturally easing into the experience as you get comfortable in the makeup chair. Wether you’re going for a fifty shades or girl next door vibe, my professional Hair & Makeup Artist will chat with you about your vision (or lack of) and create a beautiful, polished, unforgettable look.
5) ON THE FLOOR: Once hair and makeup is finished and we have ooohed and ahhhed over how AMAZING you look, it’s time for you to shine! By this point your anxiety has melted away and excitement has taken the front seat because you not only look incredible, but you feel incredible. And that, girlfriend, is when the magic happens.
I have worked with hundreds of women, so be certain that you are in good hands as I guide you through a variety of set ups and poses, positioning every body part all the way down to your fingertips. I will ask you to do things such as “bring that shoulder towards me, lift your chin forward a bit, now look up at me with your eyes, put your hand here, etc.” It’s super simple and you don’t need to do anything to prepare for this. Not convinced? Be sure to check out this behind the scenes video to watch me in action.
6) ALL THE FEELS: After strutting your stuff on the floor you will finally get to see just how beautiful you really are through my lens. A whole extra hour dedicated to more ooohing and ahhhing over how you completely rocked that session! This is when things can get a little emotional for both of us, as you will see yourself in a completely different way. But before tearing up, we will take a short break where I provide you with snacks, beverages and product samples as I cull down your images in order to present you only the very best. I will then walk you through my tried and true process of elimination in order to narrow down to your very favorites as well as discuss how you would like to display your images. Be sure to check out my blog post, Places to Display Your Boudoir Photos That Won’t Shock Your Mother for ideas.
7) THE AFTER PARTY: You’ve wiped the happy tears away, you look and feel incredible, your self confidence is larger than life and you don’t want the day to end! Good thing you’ve planned a date night with your partner or a girl’s night out with your besties. Even if this is a secret for your significant other, we have a whole list of reasons why you’re coming home looking like a super model. So soak it up, gorgeous!
Sound like something you need in your life? Ready to plan your big day? Let’s chat about it!