Instead of using the words “I have to”, work on using the words “I GET TO”.
Try it for a day and see just how much you’ll appreciate the things you get to do every day.
- I GET TO work from home vs I have a 9-5 job
- I GET TO go to the grocery store every damn day vs I have no food
- I GET TO raise challenging teenagers vs I don’t have children
- I GET TO do laundry almost daily vs I don’t have clothes
- I GET TO pay bills vs I’m homeless
- IGET TO be exhausted from being a Mom and business owner vs I’m alone and broke AF
Realize that not everyone GETS to do these things.
Somewhere in the world would love to do the things we get to do every single day. Things we do often take for granted. And sure, it seems silly to apply it to the things no one typically loves to do, like doing laundry that never seems to end or cleaning the house just to see it end up messy again. But, even those things we get to do because we’re lucky. Lucky to have the things in our life that create all that laundry and all those messes to clean.
I’m telling ya…if you’re ready to start living a life with a little more gratitude, start using the words “I GET TO” instead of “I have to,” and I promise it will change the way you see life.